CVC Equipment Rental and Facility Booking Terms and Conditions
All park equipment rentals and park facilities bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions. Upon checking out, all renters are required to agree to and acknowledge the following:
I agree and acknowledge that:
- This is a contract of renting and not for sale and that I have rented the equipment above (hereinafter referred to as “the Equipment”) upon the express condition that if will at all times remain the property of the CVC.
- I am familiar with the proper use of the Equipment or in the alternative I understand that the CVC staff are able to answer questions I have about the proper use of the Equipment and further understand that it is my responsibility to ask the CVC staff if I have any questions.
- I have examined the Equipment found it to be in good condition.
- I accept full responsibility for the care of the Equipment and I agree to reimburse the CVC for the loss or damage to the Equipment other than damage that occurs as a result of reasonable wear and tear as determined by CVC at its sole discretion
- I will return at once to the CVC any Equipment that is not functioning normally.
- If I fail to return the Equipment at the agreed time, or fail to abide by any terms of this agreement or the rules of the CVC that the CVC may repossess the Equipment without notice and the CVC is released from all claims arising therefrom.
I agree and acknowledge that:
- I understand the inherit risk involved in using this equipment; accept the full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
- I agree to return the Equipment by agreed date and time in the condition in which it was rented to avoid additional charges.
- I understand that the equipment has inherent dangers and that I must use this equipment at moderate speeds, in full control of the equipment at all times, use caution and slow down when passing other people on the trails.
- I understand that when using the trail system within Terra Cotta Conservation Area or Island Lake Conservation Area, I ski, kicksled or snowshoe within my ability and that I obey directional signage.
- I understand that using the equipment at high speeds is not allowed and I must obey all posted signs.
- I understand I must report any and all injuries to CVC staff
- I must conform to all rules & regulations at the Conservation Area.
- I understand that CVC is not responsible, at any time, for the loss, damage or theft of property owned by me.
- I understand that the consumption of alcohol and cannabis products is prohibited in the Conservation Area
Release of Liability, Waver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of the rental of the Equipment, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may have in the future against the CVC and all its directors, officers, employees, agents, servants, contractors, elected and appointed officials, sanctioning bodies, all persons for whom it is responsible at law and its successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”) and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of or arising out of any aspect of my use of the Equipment, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES in respect of the design, manufacture, selection, installation, maintenance or adjustment of the Equipment or in respect of the provision of or the failure to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the Equipment;
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense to any third party, resulting from my use of the Equipment;
- This agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, estate trustees with or without a will, administrators, assigns, successors and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity;
- The Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario.
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within the Province of Ontario.
- If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement which shall continue in force and effect.
- No oral representations have been made.
Minimum Age Requirement
I hereby confirm that I am over the age of 18 and am agreeing to the rental agreement for myself and my group who may also include members under 18 years of age.